This is the way the world ends


Not with a bang but a whimper.

The servers went down for maintenance, as usual, and then didn't come up again. After four hours a post in the forums said "It looks like we got our time zones crossed" and confirmed that had been the end of Fallen Earth.

I'm glad that the original offline date was extended by 12 days, but the loss of those last few hours still stings. This wasn't a sunset, it was a blackout, and Fallen Earth deserved a better send off than this.




Comments

  1. I only started to read your blog a couple of days ago, but I'm disappointed for you. I really enjoyed going back and reading through your archives for this game as I never got to play it myself.

    I'm looking forward to what game you're playing next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment