Looking for work

Going from level 39 to level 40 was a bit of a slog. I shot up the White Crow bunker east of Docuer's Court, but a group-oriented boss fight brought that to an inconclusive ending. I shot up the White Crow Fortress in the far south of S3, but a group-oriented boss fight brought that to an inconclusive end.

I found a couple of available missions in The Repository, but most of that town – along with Tannerfield, Briggs Point and Trader's Flat – remained locked out. I went up to Chemtown, but having done no faction missions in S2 they wouldn't talk to me either.

I even tried shooting the Vista Rangers outside Papermill, but apparently they don't count for faction points anymore. I know they used to, and that mission was a hidden hazard for players who wanted to stay neutral since there was no heads up that those particular kills would turn the Vista faction hostile.

Since I had racked up some decent xp from kills in the two White Crow bases I went with more of the same for the last two bars of xp, settling on the fortress since it's a target rich environment.

Level 40 at last.

It's an important milestone. As well as opening up several towns it also opens up a lot of new crafting options. 45 was, at launch, the level cap for Fallen Earth, so I'm looking at obtaining what used to be endgame gear now.

I expect the four towns mentioned above will see me through to 45, and I expect the next day or two will see some ferocious levelling. With only 3 full days to go – since I don't know when on the 14th the game will go offline – the clock is ticking.

Comments