24 Hours In... Dungeons & Dragons Online

After so long in Fallen Earth it's taken me a few days to decide which game is up next, but I've finally decided on Dungeons & Dragons Online.

Unlike FE I have relatively little history with DDO, having never ventured much beyond Korthos Island. My history with D&D on the other hand goes all the way back to the 80s, though not into the '90s. I know very little about pen and paper (A)D&D beyond 1st edition, and not much more of the newer settings, and by 'newer' I mean pretty much any that came after Greyhawk, so uh... all of them I guess?

My history with the game does at least make my class/race choice the easiest I have ever had in an MMO. In my D&D/AD&D days I always leaned to stealthy classes, whether they were thieves or assassins or as they are now rogues.

As for race, there's only one possible choice, seeing as Drow were my favourite race as far back as when the only way to play one was by talking the DM into allowing them under unofficial rules.

 

Comments