Deja Vu

My quest log is looking rather thin right now. I have 3 open quests, and two of them – as soon as I got them – I remembered that they were the brick walls I ran up against years ago.

I've completed the hubs of Dieseltown and Docuer's Court, as well as Quarantine and a couple of smaller hubs – one of which I only discovered through the old habit of wondering what was up a particular side road. At level 36 I've been offered very little out of Traders Flat, the sector capital, and nothing at all far to the south in Blackridge.

There are still a couple of hub towns in S3 I haven't explored yet, and with any luck at least one of them will be on level for me right now, or close enough. I've been able to keep my armor up to par, and my guns are still packing a punch, so that at least won't slow me down.  I've been relying on my rifles a lot since entering S3, and had actually considered respec'ing out of pistols altogether - which is a reversal of my line of thought back in New Flagstaff.

I haven't done so though.  New Flagstaff had a lot of enclosed areas where pistol bullet spam was a better offensive tactic than rifle fire, and while S3 has been a lot more open there's at least one location - the bunker south east of Docuer's Court, where I expect I'll be falling back on pistols again.

With only 7 days to go the prospect of my levelling pace slowing isn't a welcome one. I had a good run at the weekend, and I'd hate to have come this far only to sputter out as I near the end.

Things are definitely getting serious.  I've even started using some mutation abilities, which I'd ignored up until now.  My build won't support a reliance on them, but at this point I'll take any advantage I can get.

Comments