They mostly come out at night

Fallen Earth rewards exploration better than any other MMO I know of. If you go off the beaten track you will, almost always, find something that makes it worth your while, whether it's an interesting scenic location, a cluster of good scavenging nodes or even an entire quest hub that isn't on the map.

I'll always remember stumbling across Sunset Hill during my original run through Sector Two. I've learned, this time, that there actually is one quest in Devon Township that leads there, but last time I discovered it entirely by chance – a small settlement with an entire storyline to explore involving the Cult of the Dead and the post-apoc vampires known as the Pale Ones.

Fallen Earth's zone maps are extremely sketchy, and finding a location like Sunset Hill because I saw a house on the horizon and wondered if there was anything there, or just turned up a side road, is far more rewarding than being directed to it.

I've done most of the quests, but after thinking about it I've decided to move on rather than spend too much time, bullets and trips to the cloner trying to take out the final dungeon solo. I've explored it fairly extensively, but taking on three or four boss level mobs at the same time is something I could waste days on...

...and I don't have that kind of time.

Comments