Calculations

72 hours in and I am level 21. That's not great, since if I keep going at this pace I will – at best – be in the mid 30s by the time the game goes offline. Since this happens to be the highest I've ever been, back in 2012 or thereabouts, it's falling short of my aim to see the zones I've never spent time in before.

I've also died 43 times, partly due to running up against quests that I'm slightly (or not so slightly) underpowered for, and partly due to this being a fairly tough game by modern MMO standards. On level mobs can and will kill you in Fallen Earth if you're careless or not geared up. I like that.

So I've made a few changes in response to my experience in Sector Two so far. I've respec'd out of melee altogether – my knives just aren't cutting it, so to speak, and I won't be spending enough time killing low level mobs to make it worthwhile keeping that as a combat option.

I did consider respec'ing out of rifle skill as well, to focus entirely on pistols, but for now I still feel that rifles are incredibly useful in open terrain, and if they're feeling inadequate right now it's only because I'm still toting the first sniper rifle around, which I've had since Watchtower back in Sector One.

I'll be making another fast travel supply run back to Embry and Oilville because I'm still running out of materials for bullets too quickly, and then pushing on with Sector Two. One thing that will make a difference is that Little Orbit has now activated premium features on all accounts, which aside from a small boost to xp gain and scavenging/crafting times, also gives me a much larger crafting queue to play with. This is going to be very useful for keeping my craft skills up to par and – hopefully – making bullets at a faster rate than I'm firing them.

It's going to be an interesting weekend, as the 10th Anniversary Event is scheduled to go live tomorrow. This will be Little Orbit's first addition to the game – indeed the first new content of any kind in a long long time – and it can't help but be viewed as a measure of their feel for the game, and perhaps a taste of what Fallen Earth 2.0 will be?

 

Comments