Bear with me

The first quest I did was one I picked up just outside South Burb. This is Vista territory, the eco-activist faction, and it involves helping a bear get back to his home while protecting him from poachers.

It's a nice little feel good quest, and part of the reason it always sticks in my mind is how unusual it is in an MMO to have a quest about animals that doesn't involve slaughtering them en masse.

Don't get me wrong – there are missions like that in Fallen Earth, but they're not all like that, and it does strike me as funny that anyone in this harsh, cynical world can show more compassion for wildlife than the inhabitants of the idyllic landscapes of The Lord of the Rings Online.

LOTRO, with its slayer deeds, is a bit too good at incentivising mass slaughter.

 

Comments