Game: Interrupted

So much for updating each day.

One of my favourite changes to LOTRO was when – some time ago now – an option was added to turn off the combat music. I jumped on that as soon as I saw it, as I enjoy the game soundtrack and found it distracting when it would stop/start/stop/start every few seconds whenever I was in an area with a high-ish density of mobs – i.e. most areas.

LOTRO has a terrific soundtrack which manages to be neither overshadowed by or derivative of the Howard Shore score for the film trilogy and I much prefer the uninterrupted zone themes to the generic combat music, but in the early stages of the Lone Lands at times it's perhaps too much of a good thing.

It's not like World of Warcraft. For some reason very little of WoW's soundtrack sticks in my mind. It's not that I don't listen to it, I just don't remember it. For me it's far less memorable than LOTRO's music.

Only listening to the Lone Lands theme, on a loop, for a couple of hours uninterrupted by combat music, gets to be a bit much.

Comments