Unfinished Business

In the end I didn't make it to Evendim. I did finish the quests around the approaches to Angmar, and some of those in Dol Dinen. That area was initially quite a slog, with a lot of elite mobs, but I was able to take them down – albeit slowly – and by the time I was level 33 my biggest problem was the trio of AFK loremasters farming kills in the vicinity of two of the named mobs I was looking for.

(It's been a while since I've seen that. The last time was several years ago, on an earlier character in Ered Luin.)

After that I headed back to the Lone Lands and did a few of the Garth Agarwen quests I'd put on hold back at the start of this run. I defeated the boss who blocks the way to Ivar on my second attempt, but Ivar himself proved a bit too tough. This time. Still, the run at that instance did make for a suitably grand finale and I enjoyed it a lot.

In this 24 hours I've went from level 26 to level 33. I did expect the levelling pace to slow down from the early rush of the first couple of zones, and overall I think LOTRO will prove to be the longest run to level cap. Mordor is a long way away yet.

It's been a good run. This remains one of the most reliably involving games in my rotation, and I'm already looking forward to the next run, which will be further enhanced by being entirely new to me. That said I do feel that 24 hours is the right amount of time for me to spend on any one game at any one time. It's enough to get immersed into the story and the world (and the game mechanics) but it's not so much that it begins to feel routine. Also my fingers ache from all the fighting in Dol Dinen.

I've also stuck to my new schedule. That's a good start. Now I'll see if I can keep it going for the next game.

Comments