Another 24 Hours In... The Lord of the Rings Online

Standing Stone Games has made all of the quest content in Lord of the Rings Online (and DDO) free in the month of April, which makes it an ideal time to return to this game.

It's a nice gesture by SSG, and since it means I won't need to pick up any additional quest packs during this run I only have to decide if I take what I would have spent on that and invest in some more bag space, or put it aside for future content.

One idea that did occur to me was to take the fullest advantage of this and push through as many of the Shadows of Angmar zones as possible over the next 24 hours – perhaps even as far as the gates of Moria. It's tempting, but I don't do speed-runs, and even if I did I'll be revisiting these zones on an alt or two one day, I know that for sure. There's only so long I can leave the Shire unplayed, after all.

For now though I've picked up exactly where I left off, with my Warden. I've completed the epic story in the Lone Lands and most of the remaining quests around Agamaur. Those that are left are all group quests, and while I've completed a few of these, by stealth and by picking my fights carefully, I doubt I'll be able to complete all of them.

Not that I won't try. Combat in LOTRO remains comfortably easy, and as always I can't resist throwing myelf up against more difficult quests, at least until I'm certain that they can or can't be done solo, and then I'll move on to North Downs and the next chapter of the epic story.

 

Comments