The original... and the best?

If I switched from Secret World Legends to The Secret World, what would I be missing out on?

The Secret World is still playable, and since there's been so little content added to the game since it's relaunch as Legends I've been wondering during this run if I should switch from this version of the game to the original. It's tempting.

There does seem to be a general consensus in the MMOsphere that TSW is the better game, and that SWL is the dumbed down, streamlined version of the experience. I've touched on this in previous posts, but I've also said that my recollection of combat in TSW was that it was slow and clunky and unintuitive, whereas the action-ish combat of SWL has really grown on me, especially during my time in Scorched Desert. It's not as good as the best action MMOs like Neverwinter and Guild Wars 2, or the best tab target ones like City of Heroes, but I'm enjoying it.

Of course there's more to any MMO than just combat, but combat is a big part of these games and if the action in TSW is even half as bad as I remember it that could be a dealbreaker. Still, there are aspects of the original version that intrigue me, and it would give me an excuse to go back to Kingsmouth. So I won't be making the switch any time soon, but it's an option perhaps if I ever decide to run a second character.


Comments