24 Hours In... The Lord of the Rings Online

I've always felt that MMOs are about the journey and not the destination, so Lord of the Rings Online should be perfect for me since it is, quite literally, all about the journey. From the Shire to Mordor we follow in the footsteps of the Fellowship, and even if there's a few detours along the way there's never been any doubt about where this story was going.

Except now there is.

I've been aware of LOTRO since around Rise of Isengard, and for most of that time one big question that hung over the game was would it last long enough to reach Mordor? It turns out that it did, so now there's a new question.

Where to now?

To which I can only answer – I don't know, but then I've never been further east than the Last Bridge.

Will I reach the Last Bridge on a new character within 24 hours? Doubtful. LOTRO is a fairly slow paced game and the zones do not rush by as quickly as they do in WoW. If I focused only on the epic storyline I daresay they'd go faster, but I don't do speed runs, least of all in a game that is, as I said, all about the journey.

Comments