'Tis the season to be spooky

I should be finished this run of Secret World Legends by now, but as I said in my last post I'm a bit behind schedule, which means I'm here for Halloween.

I don't usually pay much attention to seasonal events in MMOs.  The way I schedule my gaming time leaves it as a matter of chance as to whether or not I'm in a particular game when a particular event is running, unless I plan really far ahead, which I rarely do.  Aside from that I'm also usually more interested in the levelling process of exploring and questing in new zones, which leaves less time or inclination to be sidetracked by event activities.  There's also the fact that these are often weighted toward higher level characters, which historically have been few and far between in my roster.*

*The Halloween mission set on Solomon Island is level 30, and I've just hit 31, which makes for unusually good timing.

All that said I'll make an exception for Halloween in SWL, for a few reasons, and the first of those being it's Halloween, which is undoubtedly the seasonal event for this game.  There's also the lure of new shinies to be obtained, and what MMO player worthy of the name can resist new shinies?  Not I.

Finally, it's something to do away from the main story.  Having finished with Solomon Island and its epilogue back at Illuminati HQ I'm now lined up to go onward to Egypt.  If I'm coming to the end of one of my runs and there's a new zone on the horizon I'll often delay entering it until the start of my next run - which is what I did with Blue Mountain, as well as with several other zones in other games.

So with that in mind I'll likely run out the clock on SWL this time around by exploring the dungeons I've opened up, and by chasing some seasonal shinies.

 

Comments