What did she do? Everything.

I've been reading Halo Jones recently and now feel the need to multi-class into Artificer so that I too can have a robot dog.

(The Ballad of Halo Jones was a mid-80s series in 2000AD, by Alan Moore and Ian Gibson. It's been on my to-read list since forever and having finally gotten around to it I can say it's increadibly ahead of its time and lives up to its reputation as one of the best things Moore has ever done. Also there's a robot dog.)

Going for a multi-class build in DDO is something I'm sure to do. I've always enjoyed hybrid builds and since I'm never a min-maxer the dire warnings that it can break a character build don't dissuade me. I want a fun build that's interesting to play far more than I want to slavishly follow someone else's guide to optimising my character for content I might well never do.

So I'll almost certainly do this, just not yet. Artificer is a premium class, and my initial DDO budget went on the Drow race. Next time perhaps.

Limiting my spending in F2P MMOs is something I do mostly because I'm interested in seeing how much bang for my buck I get in each game. Doing it like this really shines a light on how and when and where a particular game takes aim at a player's wallet... like bag space in LOTRO.

So for any 24 hours of a game I'll spend about $15 – the classic monthly subscription fee – and see if that sees me through or comes up short. 

 

Comments