No visitors

In the second half of Ebon Downs the focus is on taking on and defeating the various undead minions standing between you and a showdown with the big bad of the zone, Idris, who dwells in a distinctly evil looking castle that overlooks Silverwisp Swamp.

However there is no final confrontation. This isn't because Idris is following health advice and self isolating – it's just that the dungeon was pulled from the game years ago and has never been reinstated.

It's not a huge loss. Neverwinter's zone storylines are mostly not particularly memorable, and the lack of a finale doesn't overly harm the experience, and there's plenty of fun mini-dungeons along the way.  It is just a little strange, particularly upon returning to Protector's Enclave and being congratulated by Sergeant Knox on foiling the evil scheme.

As I recall the dungeon did return as part of an event last year, so perhaps one day I'll make it through those doors.

Having finished Ebon Downs it's on to Vellosk. I'm level 40, with 4 hours to go in this run of Neverwinter. I doubt any other MMO will match this levelling speed. Even World of Warcraft only saw me rack up 34 levels.

That said, this game feels less accelerated. That may be due to me having now distant memories of levelling in WoW as far back as The Burning Crusade, when things did take time, or perhaps not. For all that I'm racing through the levels I've only run through half a dozen zones in Neverwinter.

 

Comments