"You die now!"

So say the orcs of the Tower District when aggro'd, and three times now they've been right.

Kind of. I have died three times, but all of my deaths were to the second boss of the Cloak Tower during an unsuccessful attempt to solo it. I've solo'd this dungeon before on previous characters, but that was around level 20 (reduced to level 12) and this time was around level 14.

The emphasis on PBAoEs isn't helping when it comes to boss fights. Two of my three encounter powers are PBAoEs, as is one of my dailys. My other daily is a knockdown which I've rarely used – the animation feels off, both in timing and in how the camera jerks upward to follow the movement of my character. That's unusual for this game – I've always been impressed by the speed, style and fluidity of the animations, which remind me a lot of City of Heroes.

Needless to say I'm counting the hours until I hit level 30 and can spec into a build that will start to give me access to skills I actually like using.

Still, given the speed with which I'm racking up new levels it will be only hours.

I won't be finishing the Tower District, having outlevelled it by now. I did run The Plague Tower, which I enjoy – especially an encounter with a wererat merchant hidden away in one of the sewers.  It's a funny scene that acknowledges the tendency of adventurers to kill every 'monster' on sight.

I've now entered Blackdagger Ruins but that's never been one of my favourite zones so I'm really only marking time until Neverdeath comes up.

Along the way a number of key features have been introduced – such as companions and item refining. I do like the way that this game paces out these tutorials across the first twenty levels or so, including an example campaign which you don't even realise is a tutorial until later on, when the first of the real campaigns begins in Neverdeath.

Or did. I'm not sure what changes have been made to what's now being called the legacy campaigns, but I hope it's nothing too drastic, as it's a system that I liked a lot when I last played the game.

Comments