80

For the second time since starting this blog I've taken a character to max level.

Let's be honest; hitting level 80 in Guild Wars 2 isn't really an achievement as it's a very fast levelling game, on a par with Neverwinter. I'd went into this run fully expecting to reach 80 before the 24 hours were up, though in the end I got here a little faster than planned due to the 5 level bump I got from... something.

(I'm still not sure, but I think it was from completing vol. 1 of the adventure guide, which isn't something you work toward so much as it is something that just happens as you're playing the game.)

Thus far this hasn't felt like much of a milestone. I received a couple of notifications pointing me toward various activities, but right now I'm pretty much just doing what I have been doing as I wrap up the (im)personal story.

I'm still gaining XP but I'll be damned if I know why. The bar fills up as before, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, and so far as I can tell all further character advancement - in terms of the advanced specs - is locked behind the expansion content, and with only 8 hours of this run to go I'm not going to get in that this time around.

 

Comments